Tuesday, October 21, 2008

DEANNA MORTON'S TOP HALLOWEEN PICKS

Deanna Morton is the Secretary for the International Association of Haunted Attractions, moderates the Haunt Club Chicago Yahoo! Group and has been a successful home haunter for many years.

FAVORITE HALLOWEEN MOVIES

  1. Dracula
  2. The Mummy
  3. Frankenstein
  4. The Wolfman When I was a wee tot, my dad would wake me up late to watch the original Svengoolie on Chicago's Creature Feature, and these early films were those that really captured my imagination. They soon became my imaginary friends. Basically, they set the theme of my life.
  5. Hocus Pocus - 'cause a VIRGIN lit the black flame candle!
  6. Sleepy Hollow - Tim Burton.. 'nuff said.
  7. Young Frankenstein - A hilarious classic!
  8. Nightmare Before Christmas - It's all about the Pumpkin King!
  9. Nosferatu - amazing silent, original score, or with the various Gothic Industrial Scores
  10. Tie Between Coppola's Dracula & Underworld... both for their freaky gothic costumes & sets.

FAVORITE HALLOWEEN CDS

  • Nightmare Before Christmas Soundtrack
  • Sleepy Hollow Soundtrack
  • Coppola's Dracula Soundtrack
  • Clive Manor - Michael Hedstrom
  • Black Cat 13 - Michael Hedstrom
  • Vampyre - Midnight Syndicate
  • 13th Hour - Midnight Syndicate
  • Darklore Manor - Nox Arcana
  • Ironstock Soundtrack - Various (Parodies of well known classic songs with a haunt/prop/home haunt theme)
  • Oculus Infernum - Van Helsing's Curse

FAVORITE HAUNTED HOUSES IN OR AROUND CHICAGOLAND

Argh! It's SO hard to pick! This year I've only gone to a few haunts, & none in the immediate Chicagoland areas. In the past I've enjoyed:

  • Dream Reapers
  • Eleventh Hour
  • Rockford Screamfest
  • Raven's Grin Inn - not your typical *haunt* but creepy beyond belief.
  • I'm hoping to get to Statesville & The Fear at Navy Pier this year.
  • In Wisconsin, I enjoy Terror on the Fox & Wisconsin Feargrounds

No comments: