Saturday, October 25, 2008

GEOFFREY GRAVES' TOP HALLOWEEN PICKS

Geoffrey Graves is a Chicago-based special effects make-up artist and sculptor, as well as being the man behind Spooky/Halloween Buttons! http://www.spookybuttons.com / http://www.halloweenbuttons.com

So whenever this time of year comes around, I start waxing nostalgic. There is something in the air that just makes me think of the years past of trick or treating, hot apple cider and pumpkin patches on cool days. So many of my picks are older movies with a special place in my heart. And I love the fun side of Halloween as well as the horror side. Actually, as much as I like a good horror movie, I think I like a good wonderfully dark and silly movie more. I can't tell you how many times I have LISTENED to these movies, let alone actually watched them. (hey, when you are in the studio making monsters, you need something to keep you going at times!) There is no single order that these are in, I love them all for different rerasons. And every October, I watch them all!!!

  1. Halloween (the original)
  2. The Exorcist
  3. House of 1,000 Corpses
  4. Shawn of the Dead
  5. Return of the Living Dead
  6. A Nightmare on Elm Street
  7. Fright Night
  8. Transylvania 6-5000
  9. Young Frankenstein
  10. Th Haunted Mansion (the Disney Land ride is my fave place on earth!!)
  11. Michael Jacksons Thriller deserves special mention here. it WAS a movie in my mind, and is one of the reasons I became a SPFX artist!

No comments: